Sunday, March 11, 2018

Puerto Princesa, Palawan Part 2


This post is a continuation of my trip to Puerto Princesa, Palawan. If you haven't read my previous post please check it out here.

I headed to Sabang beach the next morning. After a 2-hour van ride I arrived at the beach port of Sabang.  I checked in at a local inn and then proceeded to a nearby beach resort for a sumptuous lunch. I was eating overlooking the beach and all I can think of was hurrying with my meal and go for a swim. I wasn't able to do that though because I had to catch a boat ride to go see the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park Underground River.


Photo by Carlos Casequin


Did you know that the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park Underground River was chosen as one of the New 7 Wonders of NatureIt is one of the most protected place in the Philippines.

The image below is the spectacular view when I reached the island going to the underground river. The limestone landscape were majestic in person.






Photo by Carlos Casequin


Photo by Carlos Casequin

The Puerto Princesa Underground River boasts of unbelievable limestone formations.  I highly recommend to everyone to see it.



After the guided tour I felt proud of the people, both Filipinos and foreigners, how respectful they were of the area. Maintaining the cleanliness and order in the Underground River will help keep it pristine for generations to come.

I went back to Sabang beach and spent the rest of my afternoon enjoying the beach.


Photo by Carlos Casequin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts